I'm in the Gold Coast and it's raining. In fact, it's rained almost everyday since I've been back in the country. It rained over Christmas, it rained over New Year, and it's been raining on all the days between.
My plan for New Year's Eve was to sit around at home on the Gold Coast, listening to the rain perhaps. As it transpired, my random train friends (who I mentioned in previous post) invited me to join them in Brisbane to see the fireworks. Fireworks went ahead despite a nearby cyclone-type thing which brought heavy winds and rain to the whole region. It was quite a special evening spent with pleasant company...
New Year's Day spent strolling around Brisbane & it's Botanic Garden with my awesome train friends. Was very pleasant. Now I'm back in the Gold Coast, starting to ponder my plans for 2008, which is currently a blank canvass. 2007 was incredible, I didn't work a day, I saw so many new places, met some wonderful people and made many new friends, and perhaps the highlight, I got together with a wonderful girl, though I did (and still do) suffer heartache after losing her by poor decisions... Well!! 2008 is a new start and although it necessarily involves work for me, should be a good one. I wish the best for my readers too!!! Happy New Year!
Oh, I also need to buy a new umbrella.
No comments:
Post a Comment