
It's nearly mid-November and London is now towards the end of Autumn. I like Autumn. Not only are the colours pretty, it rains a lot here in London. I've been conscious of the fact that I enjoy rain since I was about 10. It's rained every day for the past week. It's great. At work I have a view of London's main business district - the City. Distant buildings look soft and grey through the rain. I'm not sure why, but I like that. So when I'm at work and I look out the window, I enjoy noticing the patter of the rain on the puddles that form on our terrace. Occasionally the drizzle becomes a minor deluge, but it's always raining. Great.
When I was a kid I used to enjoy being indoors, sitting by the window watching the rain. Maybe I was drawing, playing lego, playing with transformers, or watching cartoons. But I was always happy that it was raining. Sometimes the rain would stop and I'd notice patches of blue sky appearing between the clouds. That would always disappoint me, because I wanted it to drizzle forever.
Several years ago I flew to London via Korea, because it was the cheapest flight available. It was my first time to the country, and all I got was one night in a guesthouse near the airport. I went to sleep very happy that night because lying in bed I could hear the rain outside. Despite waking in the night to close my window to stop rain and wind getting into my room, I felt I slept very soundly because of the rain, and in the morning woke up totally energised and in good spirits. Later the same day on the plane I was chatting with Korean business man. He told me that the rain last night was in fact part of a medium level typhoon.
Anyway, this post is just meant to be a place for me to post of photos of Autumn in London. Rain photos may follow. Enjoy. =)
View from my flat
In Hyde Park
A squirrel
1 comment:
photos look like a little bit cold, but in AU it's pretty hot now......do u miss here?
Post a Comment