Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter weekend

Visitors from Brisbane
I sit with a cup of Earl Grey tea, I've just had a shower, it's late, I have a lamp on, and it's raining a little outside. I'm feeling quite relaxed after a relaxing Easter weekend. My only Easter plans had been to eat hot-cross buns and do a lot of lazing. As it turned out, I forgot about an invitation that I made to my random international-student friends to come join me in the Gold Coast over the weekend. Fortunately they reminded me as they took the train early on Saturday morning. On arrival they subsequently convinced a further two friends to join us, so there were 5 of us by the evening.

Weekend activities
For the most part, we didn't overly exert ourselves this weekend. The only exception was when my parents assigned us the task of scrubbing clean various bits of old Arabian brass-ware. But despite the grueling elbow work and noxious fumes, this was a kind of fun. Over the weekend we also visited the beach twice, made a trip to nearby bushland to visit a tea house to enjoy tea with scones (known as Devonshire Tea or Cream Tea). We watched some DVDs, cooked, chat, played the piano. Over breakfast I was lucky enough to spot a koala from my backyard, through a pair of binoculars. We also ate a chocolate bunny.





1 comment:

Asha said...

Is that the same outdoor furniture your parents had in Bangkok? Looks vaguely familiar...